4 Kasım 2013 Pazartesi

As I was listening to the "context paradox" I tried to guess the unknown words. There were 10 words, and I could guess when there were just two of them missing. My guesses approximately hit the target. I found synonyms of the words. Also, I found this interesting exercise because I didn't know there were researches based on this.. I've finished listening to "why common words" I agree the issue that knowing 7 points make second language learning easier (prepositions, pronouns, conjunctions, adverbs, interjections, determiners, and articles. Knowing the common words let students at least survive! Students needed to be taught unless they are not living in the target language's native country. They must be taught the common words, because they do not have the natural environment to practice those words. What I agree is establishing a practice environment is the best way for learning vocabulary. Because, students then must use the words, the words used by students get hardly forgotten. Dictionaries are good; however, they do not teach how to use the vocabularies. To start with this question: Who would score better results in such a test - a native speaker or a non-native speaker? Why? Answer: My teacher who is from Canada, made 100% in his 3rd try, and I, as a Turkish student, did the same too! It is up to the person I think. :) The nature of lexis in English context.. What I already know is when I look at any text in English, I can tell if the word is noun/verb etc by looking their suffixes and prefixes. I may also guess their meaning but most probably I will never know the meaning of the word unless I do not look it up from dictionary. I would like to know more about their roles of use in context when I see them. What they refer to and the like. The color of words; the colors may differ according the use of the words. It could be common words, key words, the nouns/adjectives etc in a text.. When speaking the emotion that exists from our mouth can give the color to the word! I am not sure actually if I could reflect my mind here about colors of words... Creating a vocabulary profile provides teachers a compact tool. The tool is belongs to the teacher here.. Wordle and lextutor are used to get keywords, the keywords could be the profile of a long text which make readers' work easier. The color of the words also reveals the profile of vocabulary. Blue-Light B. and Dark B. Which means they belong a same root or something else.

2 yorum: