5 Ekim 2013 Cumartesi

Literacy Skills

   When I finished high school, my English was not enough for starting EFL 1st year. Also, as I go furher, I learnt how my skills are satisfactory and unsatisfactory for academia. For example, my English was okay in understanding, writing and speaking. That is why I could pass the prepatory school. Also, my computer skill was good too. I passed CNG 100 exam in the first time. But of course these literacies are not enough for having a successful academic life. Now, I am writing about EFL Dept., literature, linguistics, classroom management and ELT are the points I needed to develope. I am still developing these skills to be a good teacher. I do not only go to school but also research good sources, watch qualified videos. I also try to develop myself socially. Because, being a teacher requires good relationship with other people. I joined folklore club, being in there for three years developed my managing, teamworking, interpersonal skills. I am still trying to develop myself in my freetime such as working in summers. I really feel it makes me better than who spend their free time just freely. :) As a candidate teacher, in my opinion, a teacher must be professional on his/her area to give the best! It would be better if a teacher is competent in all literacies but if he or she is not, then still he or she can be a good teacher.

1 yorum:

  1. When you become a teacher, do you think that you will still need to develop new literacy skills, or do you think that the literacy skills you have developed at university will be enough?

    YanıtlaSil